Gold vermeil (pronounced 'ver-may') is a technique where a thick even layer of gold is electroplated over a base of 925 sterling silver. The gold layer is up to 5 x thicker than gold plated jewelry, which gives it a lasting golden shine and ensures both quality and longevity. Learn more about gold vermeil here.
Gold fill is crafted with a thick layer of gold permanently bonded with heat and pressure on a base of 925 sterling silver.
Sterling silver is an alloy made from 92.5 percent silver and 7.5 percent copper. This composition is durable and tarnish resistant. Rhodium plating is used to further enhance the luster and scratch resistance.
Our solid rings are crafted with 14k solid gold, an alloy composition made of gold and durable metals like zinc, nickel, silver and copper along with a rhodium plating.
As with all things, the better you look after your pieces, the longer they will last and uphold their golden shine. Although all metals soften and fade over time, to prolong the life of your jewels we suggest adhering to the below guidelines.
As a general rule, your jewels should be the last piece you put on and the first you take off.
- Avoid contact with cosmetics, perfumes, sunscreens, lotions, and other chemicals.
- Remove your jewelry before going to sleep to prevent accidental breakage.
- Remove your jewelry when washing your hands, showering, or swimming in chlorine or salt water. Avoiding this will significantly reduce wear and tear or potential loss.
- Remove your jewelry before performing any activity that risks physical damage such as cleaning and exercising.
- If you choose to layer your necklaces or pendants please note that the metal rubbing against metal may affect the wear of the piece.
Each piece is carefully packaged in a YCL jewels signature gift box, perfect for storing your pieces in when travelling to avoid damage or when gifting to a loved one. To prolong the life of your jewels we suggest:
- Storing in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
- Ensure that the pieces are separated to avoid scratching and tangling
- Do not store your jewels in a jewelry box or pouch. We recommend allowing your pieces access to free flowing air such as storing in a dish.
- Wipe with a soft, cotton cloth after each wear to maintain shine
- Gently rub your piece in one direction, wiping away dirt
- Be gentle with chains to avoid stretching
- Do not use a brush. This will compromise the clear protective top lacquer.
- Do not use an ultrasonic cleaner
An acidic PH level in the body can be manifested through your skin, causing oxidisation and discoloration of your jewels over time. We recommend using a soft, cotton cloth to remove oils after each wear.
With everyday wear, our fine chains may stretch due to continuous pulling or being caught on something.
Butterfly backings work by using friction to secure the earring in place. With general wear, the backings may become loose. We recommend tightening your earring backings to increase the friction on the post.
Metal rubbing on metal
If you choose to layer your necklaces or pendants please note that the metal rubbing against metal may affect the wear of the piece.
Stones are delicate by nature and are subject to chipping, cracking and scratching if treated with misuse. For our ceremonial rings, we recommend that the stones are checked annually to ensure the prongs have not become loose due to daily wear.
In addition to Australian Consumer Law, we offer an extended six month manufacturing warranty on all jewelry with proof of purchase. We’re confident in the quality of our product hence the extended coverage. This covers manufacturing faults and defects. It does not cover pieces that have been damaged due to ‘wear and tear’ through misuse or accident (like a bent ring or broken chain), lost items and improper storage of your product. If a piece has been repaired or modified by someone other than YCL Jewels, the warranty will be void. Pieces can only be deemed faulty by one of our craftsmen upon physical assessment. Failure to follow the care instructions will render this warranty void.
Jewelry excluding solid gold
6 month manufacturing warranty
18 month manufacturing warranty
YCL Jewels Retailers
Items purchased through a third-party retailer will not be covered under YCL’s warranty. Please reach out to the company the items was purchased from directly.
Free Gift and Sample Sale
No refunds, returns for credit notes or exchanges. All free gift, promotional and sample sale pieces are not covered under our six month warranty policy.