YCL Women Campaign Series // Emma
YCL Women. Embracing our diversity.
The YCL Women campaign features real YCL customers and was shot in Byron Bay in March 2018.
Four years ago, not long after I launched YCL Jewels, I knew I wanted to create a way to connect our customers and celebrate the diversity of our YCL women. Today I’m proud and honoured to share the first of our official YCL Women campaign images and share with you the first of what are some amazing and moving stories from these incredible women.
Myself and the YCL team were truly inspired by the support for a movement we want to unite and celebrate femininity, strength and grace. From over 100 applications (of which we are thankful for each and every one) we were only able to choose seven, and on Friday March 16th, we shared the day with these beautiful women hearing their stories and what has made them who they are today. Join us in the coming weeks as we introduce you to these women and their stories.
1. Today is all about celebrating women & the diversity of femininity, why did you choose to be part of this campaign ?
I chose to to be a part of this campaign to represent the disabled community & to promote inclusion.
2. YCL stands for Your Core Light, what does ‘Your Core Light’ mean to you?
Simply being your true, authentic self.
3. How does wearing your YCL treasures make you feel?
It makes me feel confident & beautiful.
4. When do you feel most empowered as a woman?
When I am surrounded by other women and beautiful, feminine energy.
"Don’t take anything for granted as everything can change in a minute. Always be yourself and take every single opportunity that you are given in this life & truly appreciate it".
5. What is your hope for the future & how women are represented / thought of in society?
I feel like everything is already changing & moving in the right direction. It is not so much of a male dominated society anymore. Women are being represented in the media in a positive yet strong light more & more each day.
6. What is the advice you were given that has supported you the most in your life?
Don’t take anything for granted as everything can change in a minute. Always be yourself and take every single opportunity that you are given in this life & truly appreciate it.
7. We understand recently you have gone through quite a challenging period, can you share with us in what ways you have been able to harness optimism & trust?
I’ve been sick since April which has been an extremely challenging time but luckily I have been surrounded by loving & supportive people. Of course, there are days where you struggle to remain positive however you start to see how you were in the beginning and how far you’ve truly come in your journey.