What's in My Kitchen?
The kitchen is the room of the house I probably spend most of my time in. I love to cook healthy, nourishing & indulgent food, & I find cooking is one just another way to express myself creatively. I lived in Italy until I was 5 so I have an appreciation for rich meals with lots of flavour.
- Legumes (lentils, beans, chickpea's).
- Herbs fresh & dried (thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano, basil)
- Nuts & seeds (almonds, cashews, buckwheat, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds).
- Fresh vegetables from the farmers market
- Nutritional Yeast
- Celtic Salt
- Coconut oil & Cold-Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Hemp Seeds & Hemp Oil
- Brown Rice
What I Do Weekly
- I soak nuts, rice & legumes weekly. I make a cashew or almond cheese each week that I use as a dip, 'sour cream', or 'cheese' within various recipes. Soaking also breaks down the enzymes that our gut has trouble digesting.
- I make a fresh batch of kombutcha weekly for optimal gut health. I learnt how to to this from my good friend Hayley from Healthy Living co.
- I dry my own herbs cooking & for rituals.
- I am attempting to sprout lentils, that shit is hard!
- I have a lot of herbs that I use for various seasonal celebrations such as full moons, equinoxes etc.
- I drink living tea from Global Tea Hut daily. My favourite tea is Pu-erh tea, which is very earthy & great for digestion.
- I make my own candles often, so I often dry different flowers to use within my candles.
- I love to make my own smudge sticks with sage, rose petals & lavender.
- I LOVE Jamie Oliver.
- My New Roots
- Adele McConnell
Vegetables That Always Stocked
- Sweet Potato
- Red Onions (life)
Favourite Food Blogs